CLO Human Rights and Ethics Steering Committee
This May saw the first meeting of the CLO Human Rights and Ethics Steering Committee.
The aim of the committee is to:
• Make sure everyone understands their rights as they are outlined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability
• Give the organisation updates on the conventions and regularly share information to keep rights a topic of conversation in all of our sites
• Advertise any disability rights events within CLO and where possible have CLO represented
• Provide feedback on policies regarding how people are supported by CLO
• Review training that CLO has regarding human rights issues
• Give feedback to management and the board
• Discuss issues that affect the rights of people supported by CLO
• Discuss any issues specific to rights anyone brings to the attention of the committee and try to find a resolution or advice to give to a person including providing information on external advocacy
• Speak at the consumer forums about rights, advocacy and ethics
Clients are always welcome to come to a meeting and / or join the committee, so please be in touch with Olivia King if you’re interested.